Saturday 15 March 2008

Back to diving business

I've had quite a long sick leave (some damn infection), but now I'm back:) As I wrote some time ago, we've also had a month break due to the fact that our instructor was away in Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt teaching technical diving. He was also planning a dive to 180 meters, which unfortunately he did not do because of some formal problems.

But now we've resumed our divemaster training: we're attending lectures, doing homeworks and practicing basic SCUBA skills demonstration at the pool. It turns out that demonstrating a skill is something quite different from just using that skill. At some point in your diving career you stop thinking about all the things you have to do to get water out of your mask, and now you must show this skill step by step, emphasizing the most important phases... it's very easy to mix things up. I hope the good old practice makes perfect still applies...

One more bad thing about being ill is that I've had a break in breath hold training and so I'm forced to put my plan to do 75 meters DYN back:(

No comments:

Post a Comment