Thursday 7 February 2008

Bargain of the month

Yesterday I've traded an old SCUBA unit for an inflator hose:). I got the SCUBA from my uncle who dug it up somwhere. Our diving instructor, Janusz, collects old diving gear (he has a small museum) so I've asked him if he would accept this unit as a "donation" for his collection, and he was more than happy to.
Then it turned out that the Apeks ATX40 regulator I've ordered recently, though it comes with an octopus and an SPG, doesn't have an inflator hose attached. So I asked Janusz if he could "pay" me with an inflator hose. He again agreed. And that's how the contract of the month was agreed upon:)

Apart from trading yesterday we had another lecture of our Divemaster course. We sat from 18 till 22pm and tried to gain some understanding of the decompression theory. We failed, lost somewhere between M-value and halftime...
But that's OK - we have a month to think about it. Janusz, who is also a technical diver and instructor, is going to Egypt to teach technical diving. He also plans to break his depth record by descending to 180m! We're going to keep our fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment